Travelling during COVID-19
South Africa is open!
Borders to South Africa are open for international travellers. When entering South Africa, you need to present a negative Covid-19 test result that is not older than 72 hours. If you have been in South Africa for a few days before starting at a project, you need to do an additional PCR test in South Africa in order to join any project. Also, you need to present proof of medical insurance before boarding. This insurance must include testing and treatment of COVID-19 if applicable.
To get an overview of the current alert level and its regulations, please visit the offical government page.
An overview of the alert levels may also be found here.
Contact your nearest South African foreign mission or contact us for details.
Namibia is welcoming you!
Borders to Namibia are open for international travellers.
Please note the following entrance regulations:
- All travellers who arrive in Namibia with a negative PCR test result that is not older than 72 hours will be permitted to travel freely in and around Namibia. (make sure to bring a printed copy)
- All travellers who arrive in Namibia with a negative PCR test result that is older than 72 hours but not older than 7 days, will be permitted to enter the country, however they will be required to spend their first 7 days in the first destination facility under supervised isolation.
As our Namibia project establishments, the Wildlife Conservation and Medical Project, are Government approved isolation facilities, volunteers may come to us and engage in the planned daily activities as normal. After the 7 days, they can continue to travel freely in and around Namibia. Travellers must get retested for SARS-COV-2 on day 5 of their stay in Namibia and will receive their results within 48 hours. Please note, testing can be done either at the Wildlife Sanctuary directly. Cost of test must be covered by the volunteer and comes to N$1,700.
Please ensure you have copies of the following documents to show the airport officials on arrival:
- PCR test results need to be NO OLDER than 72 hours wehn arriving in Namibia.
- Copy of NWE_COVID-19 invitation letter (which Good Hope Volunteers will share with you once we send the invoice for the booking)
- Ministry of Health Certificate – to prove the stay is in a government certified establishment. (please print and bring a copy)
- Travel Itinerary (a return ticketd to show leaving Namibia must be booked before departure). If there are no arrival details printed on the travel information or they are incorrect, please inform us as soon as possible of the correct details.
For further questions please contact us.
Botswana's borders are still closed
Since Botswana is currently under a strict lockdown, Borders will still remain closed for at least another month.